IoFT launch - 21 September 2018
Location: IET, London
The Internet of Food Things Network Plus (IoFT+) launched at the IET Global Engineering Hub in London on 21 September 2018 with a gathering of experts from industry, government and academia.
In a series of keynote talks and discussions they opened a three-year investigation into how artificial intelligence, data analytics and emerging digital technologies can improve the safety, security and efficiency of the UK food supply chain.
Report available soon.
- Simon Pearson, University of Lincoln, Network Lead for the IoFT Network Plus - Simon Pearson presentation
- Professor Guy Poppy, Chief Scientific Adviser at the Food Standards Agency (FSA) - Guy Poppy presentation
- Keith Thornhill, Head of Food and Beverage, UK and Ireland, Siemens plc - Keith Thornhill presentation
- Josephine Hansom from Youthsite on Millennials and food - https://www.youthsight.com - [not available]
- Patrick Curry Director, British Business Federation Authority (BBFA), on Distributed Ledger Technology and Food Traceability - Patrick Curry presentation
- Kirsten Coppoolse from The Fork, Amsterdam (www.thefork.online) on blockchain activity in the Dutch food context - Kirsten Coppoolse presentation
The talks were each followed by questions and answers. The day ended with an extended discussion session with the Network's academic coordinators led the breakout groups and reported back.
Original launch promotional page