We are pleased to announce the launch of the 2019 pilot projects funding call. The deadline for applications is 15 February 2019.
The Internet of Food Things Network Plus was set up by EPSRC to stimulate and coordinate inter-disciplinary research into the digital transformation of the food production and supply chain through the application of new technologies such as IoT, AI, smart packaging, blockchain, new business models, and other forms of innovation. A key instrument in achieving this is our pilot projects funding calls.
The application form is available on the website: Application Form.
However, please ready the guidance notes carefully first. Individual projects can request up to £40,000 total funding (total spend up to £50,000 as per FEC 80% funding).
The priority areas for applications are as follows:
- New business models, applications of new technologies (including internet of things
(IoT), distributed ledger technology (DLT)), to underpin traceability and optimal
transfer flows throughout the food chain. This could include regulations, standards,
cyber/physical security and other aspects of resilience.
- Wide scale application of the internet of things (IoT) for the service community, for
example, the secure deployment and use of IoT by commercial and domestic users
(refrigerators, cooking devices, etc) to improve efficiency and reduce health hazards
- The development of new digital labelling and packaging protocols that assist with
consumer understanding and use of food, as well as the management of the supply
- The use of novel digital technologies (e.g. machine learning, artificial intelligence and
vision) to reduce food waste by optimising whole supply chains from producer to
- Deadline for applications 15th February 2019 (Forms should be submitted by e-mail to the admin team at email@example.com)
- Successful applicants will be notified by 8th March 2019
- Successful projects starting by 1st May subject to contracts.
- Projects to present their projects at the IoFT Conference in Lincoln in September 2019
- Completion should be by 1st November.
For further information on the Internet of Food Things Network Plus visit: https://www.foodchain.ac.uk
Please contact the IoFT Network+ administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any queries.